Are your kids sick all the time? Luckily low immunity isn’t something you are stuck with – there are a few things you can do to help improve and support the immune system. And why wait until you are sick? Good health is something you can work toward every day!
Here are a few quick tips:
1. 80% of your Immune system resides in your gut, so first step is to read my other page about gut health and avoid antibiotics – they are your gut’s worst enemy!
2. Cinnamon is great support for the immune system – I load it into smoothies or on buttered crackers for my kids.
3. Essential oils can assist with:
– supporting and boosting immunity
– cleansing gut flora…to boost immunity!
– detoxing to improve health and increase your ability to heal yourself
– cleansing the environment when others in the family are sick
– clearing airways and supporting respiratory health
– supporting your body to flight off viruses (where antibiotics are ineffective)
If you need samples to try for your situation, just get in touch.
If it’s time to kick your immune system into gear, you might want to order a few oils like Basil, Lavender, Cinnamon and Clove.
If you’re looking to get a few oils for flu season (because you know that antibiotics are a waste of time) try Litsea, Tea Tree and Manuka.
4. Nourish the body and stay hydrdated. Let food be thy medicine! Your body can mount an immune response more effectively if it has all the nutrients it needs to work properly! Zinc is a big one for the immune system but a well-designed wholefood supplement (I can recommend if you need) would be great to cater for any dietary deficiencies.
5. Get your vitamins – and that includes vitamin D which has an important role in immune system regulation (so get out in the sun!) and vitamin C. Try and get Vitamin C in the form of Sodium Ascorbate (not Calcium and definitely not Ascorbic Acid). Vitamin C is incredibly powerful against pathogens.
6. Olive leaf extract is also a great immune support…
…lots of natural options to consider!